Thursday, February 16, 2012

WHEN A HEADACHE IS MORE THAN A HEADACHE


"Sir, will I be able to see again?"

"Yes, definitely." I answered; then I caught myself, I had no assurance what I just replied was the truth.

"I'm having serious headache."

He gazed into space, his eyes were bulging out of their sockets, you could distinctly see the blood vessels glistening bright red against the white background.

He was a young man, still a boy by all standards, he'd been having very severe and constant headaches; now he could no longer see.

He had fainted earlier that day which wasn't the first time he'd lost consciousness. He'd been discovered to have a very high blood pressure of over 200.

As I watched him drifting into sleep? and snoring loudly. I considered the possibilities, none of them was good. All had a poor prognosis.
Was there some bleeding into his brain? Was there a tumor pressing on his brain? Was it a haemorrhagic Stroke?

WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR THAT HEADACHE.


1. Any unusual and severe headache not relieved by analgesics.

2. Headaches followed by vomitting.

3. Headaches with seizures.

4. Headaches that affect your vision.

One last advice

Regular monitoring of blood pressure.


image courtesy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Drop a Comment.

DAY 2: How Will I know I have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

Why all this fuss about PID? What is the big deal about it? It is important because it can lead to infertility or damage to a woman'...