Wednesday, February 29, 2012

TOP 10 LIES PATIENTS TELL.


1. SEXUAL HISTORY

"I saw my menses last month, my husband is not even in the country."


2. ALCOHOL HISTORY

"I take only a little drink on occasions."


3. DRUG HISTORY

"I don't miss out on my medications, i take them as prescribed."

4. SMOKING HISTORY

"I stopped smoking twenty years ago."


5. FAMILY HISTORY

"Nobody is sick in my family."


6. APPOINTMENTS

"I came to the hospital, but I couldn't see the doctor."


7. NUTRITION HISTORY

" I don't eat anything that contains sugar."

8. EXAGGERATED SYMPTOMS

"I haven't used the toilet at all in one week."


9. IMAGINARY DOCTOR

" My personal physician comes to check on me."


10. STILL SICK

" I can't return to work , i'm still feeling sick."


Addenda: Can we get this list to 20?


image courtesy

2 comments:

  1. It is rumoured that docs multiply admitted alcohol and tobacco use by two as it is presumed the patient is not quite telling the truth - ergo that all patients lie.

    Do all patients lie (?) - I would say not - although some of course do.

    Perhaps this presumption builds a barrier between doctor and patient and interferes with a therapeutic relationship?

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. True observation Anna, not all patients lie, for some reason or the other, they could be embarrassed with such personal questions. Whether doctors multiply the patient's alcohol and smoking frequency? Not sure . If i have doubts, i'd rather say "patient claims not to take any alcohol."

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop a Comment.

DAY 3: Preventing PID

Yesterday we talked about how to diagnose PID, today we will look at prevention. Indeed with PID prevention is much better than cure: ...